District Office Bulletin for Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Detention this week: Mrs. Reuter
HOMECOMING WEEK - SEPT. 28 - OCT 2
NEW START TIME: Volleyball/Softball/Cross Country Pep Rally
- on Tuesday, September 29 @ 2:50 PM
The afternoon class schedule will be as follows:
6th hour - 1:02-1:34
7th hour - 1:38-2:10
8th hour - 2:14-2:46
- Cheerleaders may be dismissed @ 2:35 PM to set up for Pep Rally.
- Softball Team may be dismissed @ 2:40 PM to get dressed for Pep Rally.
- This pep rally will be inside for 7-12 grades only.
- Senior parents are the only guests who can attend the pep rally.
- All people attending this inside pep rally must wear masks.
Juniors and Seniors...
Be sure to check your emails today about the Virtual College Fair event we have scheduled for you at Ponca School this Wednesday.
Juniors...You are scheduled from 1:00 PM to 2:15 PM and
Seniors...You are scheduled from 2:15 PM until 3:40 PM.
Please report to the Wrestling Room with your Chromebooks, a writing utensil, and a list of questions you have for the college or military representatives. If you have any questions prior to Wednesday, please see Mrs. Hassler. Thank you!
CANCELLED! Varsity Softball Tourney @ Twin River High School (Genoa, NE) on Saturday, October 3 - 10:00 AM.
Homecoming Dress Up Days!
TUE September 29 - 20 Years From Now (Career Day/Dress as Your Future Self)
WED September 30 - Seeing 2020 (Twin Day)
THU October 1 - Roaring 20's (Dress in 1920's Fashion)
FRI October 2 - Blue & White or Class Color Day
Volleyball @ HOME vs. Tri-County Northeast on Tuesday, September 29 - JV @ 5:30 PM; Varsity to follow.
Softball @ HOME vs. Wisner-Pilger
on Tuesday, September 29 - JV @ 4:30 PM; Varsity to follow.
**The 7-12 grade students who come to the softball game that night wearing their Tuesday dress up day costume will get $1.00 off their admission fee.
CC Invite @ Stanton (Elkhorn Acres Golf Course)
on Thursday, October 1 - 4:00 PM...team may be dismissed @ 1:35 PM.
COVID 19 Restrictions (Yellow - Moderate):
Visiting Teams: Temperature checks prior to arrival
Spectators: 75% capacity limits, masks, and social distancing highly recommended.
**Restrictions may be updated as we get closer
Freshmen Class Dues Owed...
The following freshmen still need to pay their class dues: Sarah Sanchez, Hunter Peterson, and Jaden Pulley.
Please see Ms. Ryan or your class treasurer!
8TH Graders That Still Owe Class Dues. Please Get Them Paid ASAP. Thomas Beavers, Blaeden Brummond, Tucker McGill, Treston Pulley, William Stroud, Richard Sullivan, Ava Voss.
JH Volleyball @ BRLD on Tuesday, September 29 @ 4:15 PM in Bancroft...team may be dismissed @ 2:40 PM.
Virtual FBLA Fall Leadership Conference on Wednesday, September 30.
BRLD COVID PROTOCOL FOR VISITING VOLLEYBALL OPPONENTS
- Designated passes labeled #1 and #2 will be accepted from opposing fans. Fans will still need to pay admission.
- We ask that exact change be used if at all possible. East Husker Conference passes are still accepted.
- At this time, temperatures will be taken at the door prior to admittance. Temperatures of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed in the facility.
- Masks are required of all fans who enter the facilities and must be worn during the duration of the matches. Families and fans are asked to socially distance whenever possible.
- There will be no concession stand available. No outside food or drink will be allowed in by attending fans. Removing masks to eat or drink is counterproductive to requiring them to be worn. After-game meals or lunch lines for visiting teams will not be allowed.
- Student body will NOT be allowed to attend at this time unless the student possesses an admission ticket.
- We will try to stream all the games at BRLD striv tv
Ponca Covid Volleyball Guidelines as of 9/23/2020
1. Masks are required for all spectators to enter the gymnasium. Social distancing is required! Once spectators are seated they can remove their mask.
2. Masks are required to go to the restroom, concession stand, or go to the commons area.
3. Coaches, players, and officials are not required to wear a mask. Masks are required at the score table.
4. Students sections are discouraged! If students form a student section and are not social distancing, masks are strongly encouraged! Each schools administration will be responsible for their students.
5. Concessions will be available.
Covid Procedures at Ponca Sports Complex
1. Physical distancing will be required at all contests. Please leave 6 feet between groups not of the same family.
2. Masks are recommended but not required to view the games.
3. Masks will be required to go to the restroom or the concession stand.
4. The bleachers can only have 50% capacity. Limited seating
5. Athletes and fans are not allowed to congregate after the game. Fans are expected to leave the game in a timely manner.
6. Please practice social distancing at the restroom and concession stand.
7. No one is allowed on the track or football field at any time.
8. No student sections allowed.
9. The post-game meal should be some type of grab & go.
10. Softball fans are encouraged to bring lawn chairs!!
Driver's Education Opportunity through NECC in South Sioux City
Northeast Community College in South Sioux City is offering a Driver's Education Course during the month of October. NECC did not offer drivers education classes this past summer because of Covid19. This class may be a great option for you to consider. Each student is responsible to pay for this class and to get him/herself to and from the scheduled class times. If you are interested, please stop by the office for a registration flyer, or check your email for a message from Mrs. Hassler with the flyer attached.
Wayne State College Recruiter will be here on Tuesday, October 6th at 8:15 AM. Stop in the Guidance Office to sign up for the visit.
University of Nebraska-Kearney recruiter will be here on Tuesday, October 13th during 4th period. Stop in the Guidance Office to sign up for the visit.
Lunch Menu Tavern, Smiley Fries, Fruit and Veggie Bar